1. Introduction: What is unblu?
unblu is a live engagement system which allows you to browse websites together with customers, perform a live or a video chat and co-browse or exchange documents. This helps you to to provide efficient, personal online interaction for digital sales and support scenarios. Functions of the system include:
- show (an internal or external web resource)
- A sales agent shows a customer items that the customer might be interested in. The sales agent and the customer talk on the telephone while they co-browse on the website.
- A consultant calls a customer to discuss a contract. The consultant and the customer fill in the contract details on the company's web application, so they have all the benefits of a face-to-face meeting, and the contract is closed when the phone call is terminated.
- join (have the agent join the webpage the customer is on)
- A customer calls the support hotline because of a problem with an order. The support agent and the customer work it out on the website, in the customer's user account.
- live chat
- A customer wants to get information about a particular offering on the website. The customer can ask the question using chat functionality and any available agent can pick up the request from an overview, answer the question and eventually show them around using co-browsing.
- video chat
- An agent and a customer want to interact with an audio/video connection - for instance to facilitate a video identification process or simply to create a more personal consulting experience for the customer.
- share (co-browse or exchange a document)
- Have a look at the same document at the same time, work with it together and download it, if required.
unblu offers a variety of product variations which cover all aspects of the above scenarios. Our unblu business line products are provided through our cloud and do not feature the ability to seamlessly embed a co-browsing experience on the customers web page, whereas unblu enterprise line allows for a cloud OR and on premise deployment and offers any possible mix of the functional elements.
2. How it works
unblu uses new and revolutionary technology. There is no download or plug-in, no security confirmation and no delay. Unblu co-browsing starts immediately and without any interruption.
Metaphorically speaking, unblu works like a mirror, which makes sure that both partners see the same web content as well as each other's mouse pointers. Depending on the product you use, unblu uses two different technologies to achieve this:
- Universal Co-Browsing (Business Line products: starter, teams, and performance): unblu runs its own cloud browser. Both partners operate unblu's browser, and unblu transmits the pictures from its own browser to both partner's browsers.
- Embedded Co-Browsing (Enterprise Line products: unblu enterprise): unblu runs on the customer's browser and forwards the website to the consultant. Both partners operate the customer's browser, and unblu transmits any changes in the customer's browser content to the consultant.
3. Which Versions of unblu Exist?
- unblu starter offers starter co-browsing for small and medium-sized companies.
- unblu teams adds in-context browsing and access to https pages, so that customers do not lose their login information or shopping cart content when they start co-browsing.
- unblu performance adds API use, so that you can integrate co-browsing into your website and web-applications, and extend unblu's functions with your own code.Video Chat can be added as an optional component.
- unblu enterprise offers embedded co-browsing that fully integrates with an existing enterprise IT and security environment. It also features all other suite capabilities a la carte.
This online documentation describes how to use all of the above products and features. In case where a section of the documentation is only valid for a specific product or a specific deployment mode, this is indicated on the page itself. Please also consult product feature matrix on the pricing page if you are unsure whether your product includes a certain feature.
4. So, how do I start?
If you choose to use the cloud deployment option, no installation is required - all you need is your account which you can obtain by registering on www.unblu.com. For an enterprise cloud account, please contact our sales department.
Depending on the offering of unblu, different types of integrations exist:
- For unblu teams, unblu performance, and unblu enterprise running in the cloud, you can add a snippet to the code of your website, which provides in-context co-browsing. This means that customers remain logged in and keep their shopping cart content when they start co-browsing.
- You get the unblu snippet from the administration workspace that belongs to your account. Integrating the snippet very easy if you use a content management system for your website - just add it to the page template, so that it is used on every page.
- If you chose to deploy on premise, you not only have to instrument the web pages with the co-browsing snippet, but you will also have to setup an unblu server. In addition you get more options how to facilitate the page instrumentation - i.e. through dynamic injection of the unblu code snippet at the proxy server level. Installing unblu on premise requires expert knowledge for the installation and the integration into your web environment. This is mainly due to the many security-relevant touchpoints within your web environment. Please refer to the relevant sections in this documentation and consult with either unblu professional services or an unblu integration partner.
- For unblu teams, unblu performance and unblu enterprise, you can select between several configurations for presenting the unblu functionality and to initiate chat/co-browsing. For example, you may choose to start co-browsing by clicking a link or an icon, and you can place the co-browsing controls on top or to the left. See the integration page in your administration interface for a list of options.
- For unblu performance and unblu enterprise, you can also use the unblu developer API to fully integrate unblu into your website and web applications.
To get the full overview of all integration possibilities including decision helpers you should have a look at Integration Overview
5. Unblu glossary
This documentation will use some very specific and unblu co-browsing related terms. Here's a quick overview:
|Term||Description||Other terms often used|
|visitor||The user requiring co-browsing for assistance.||client, end-user, recorder (technical term, refers to the fact, that for the Enterprise Line, the visitor's browser is "recording" the DOM)|
|co-visitor||The Support or Sales agent providing assistance to the visitor. We sometimes also call the co-visitor an "agent".||supporter, agent|
|capture / capturing||Used in Enterprise Line product context. This is the data recorded in the visitor's browser and transferred via unblu server to the co-visitor||visual (refers to the fact, that captures are often carrying visual information)|
|pin code||The identifier that matches visitor with co-visitor and brings them together into a co-browsing session. This identifier has typically 4 digits and is provided from the co-visitor to the visitor through phone where the visitor is entering it into a dialog to start co-browsing.||token, security number, pin|
|document co-browsing vs sharing|
Often used in combination of document viewing. Document Co-Browsing means, that all co-browsing participants are able to see the same document together in the sense, that even scrolling around etc. is updated the same for all participants.
"Sharing" a document means, that all participants of a co-browse session receive the same document (e.g. a pdf delivered by the server) and are able to view it on their own on their desktops, but independently from each other.