- Make sure you fulfill the requirements: See Video Requirements.
- Set it up for your account: video-chat-setup
Start a Video Chat
Now if the visitor clicks the video icon they are given the option of an audio call or a video call.
Pop out the Chat Session
In order to avoid problems when navigating on your web site, we recommend you use the so-called "popout" feature. That is the chat opens in a separate browser window. To use the popout feature at any time during a chat session:
Select the video call icon to run video chat inside the popout. The video will run inside this box, making it both much easier to navigate the page and to fix any potential video stutter.
- Agent selects video icon then selects the (orange) Video call icon. A message then displays in the visitor browser telling the visitor that an agent wants to start a video chat with them.
- The visitor must then select the Accept button in the message box. The popout then opens on the visitor side.
Complementary to the archiving feature, both the agent and the visitor can be configured to be able to take screenshots of the ongoing video chat session. This can be useful, for example, to capture a visitor's ID in order to confirm identity.
To enable this feature use:
To use the feature: After the chat is started click the icon shown in the red square.
Each time a snapshot is taken by any party a chat message is generated and the captured snapshot is displayed in the chat log. The snapshot can also be accessed from the file manager panel (by clicking on the paper clip icon).
Video Chat Limitations
- If the visitor navigates to a new page inside the unblu instrumented web page the video connection will be disrupted during the page load and will automatically re-establish a connection as soon as possible. To overcome this problem the visitor can use the Popout Feature.
- The video chat can only be displayed in one window / tab. If the visitor has several tabs / windows open that belong to the same unblu session, the video chat will stay in one window. If the user wants to transfer the video chat to a different window he can do this in the chat user interface.
- Currently, only 2 concurrent video chat participants are supported.