Video Chat Setup
Unblu allows video chat during sessions using webRTC-based video provider TokBox.
See Video Requirements.
In order to enable video chat on the unblu server you must first retrieve a video API key and secret from the unblu delivery center and configure it. You should have the video API key and secret before performing the following steps.
In the Agent Desk go to Settings... Settings then, in the Filter field enter the word 'video'. A single item, Enable video chat displays. (You must select this to enable video but here we want first to apply the API key and secret before enabling video.)
Select the Advanced button (further options drop-down) then select the Show Internal check box. Now all available items display.
- Paste the APIKey into the apiKey field and paste the secret into the apiSecret field then select the Save button. The product is now enabled for video. (Although some further configuration is required to apply options from the table below.)
- Select the Enable video chat com.unblu.cobrowsing.videoChatEnabled property.
- Select all other options as you require:
|Item Technical label / Link||Description|
|All participants must approve the use of video during the session.|
|Enable video chat
|Switch video chat on/off.|
|Archive the video automatically.|
|Enable Agent to take snapshots of the video stream.|
|Show the video in a popout window.|
|Enable visitor to take snapshots.|
|Set the resolution (1280x720) (640x480) (320x240).|
Video Configuration On Premises
If you are using video chat with an unblu on premises installation, you need to make sure that the collaboration server is able to connect to https://api.opentok.com. If the collaboration server must use a forward proxy in order to reach the site, please configure it, as follows, directly in your config properties file.
|Technical label / Link||Description|
|com.unblu.chat.videochat.proxyUrl||Definition of the proxy type (only http supported at the moment), username, password, proxy hostname and proxy port in the following format: http:[<username>:<password>@]<host>:<port>. If your proxy does not require authentication, you can skip the username/password part and the succeeding '@' char.
|com.unblu.chat.videochat.proxyAuthScheme||The authentication schema to use. Supported values are
Video Recording and Archiving
Enabling Video Recording
Video recording may be enabled by activating the com.unblu.chat.videochat.enableArchiving flag.
Note: Before video can be fully enabled there are some steps that can only be performed by the unblu delivery team. See Configuring the Archiving Destination.
In order to enable video recording the com.unblu.chat.videochat.sessionType configuration item has to be set to either ROUTED or AUTO. When activated, all video sessions will automatically be recorded and archived.
Configuring the Archiving Destination
In order to fully activate video recording a custom Amazon s3 bucket or Windows Azure container must be configured by the unblu delivery team.
The details and credentials of the archiving destination must be provided and managed by the customer.
Finding the Right Video Chat Archive
To find a video archive for a specific unblu session the following steps must be performed:
- Get the unblu session ID you are looking for (from the logs or statistics).
- Get the video chat session ID that maps to the unblu session id:
- Go to your video archiving destination and find the file with the video chat session ID as name.
Note: There are a number of ways of configuring your video archiving destination which you can discuss with our representatives.
When a video chat session is running, the act of the visitor navigating the page can cause the video to stutter. This problem can be sidestepped by providing a popout for the video. The user can then navigate the page without affecting the video performance.
Note: Even if your video is fine, using the popout means more 'real estate' is available for viewing the web page.
To enable the video chat popout feature:
Go to Settings at the role level where you wish to configure the video popout feature.
Select the Advanced button then type the word 'video' into the Filter field. All available video configuration items display
Scroll to the bottom of the page then select the popOutWhenVideoChatApproved com.unblu.chat.videochat.popOutWhenVideoChatApproved check box.
- Select Save when you are done configuring the visitor popout.
Video Chat in Action
Video Chat Limitations
- If the visitor navigates to a new page inside the unblu instrumented web page the video connection will be disrupted during the page load and will automatically re-establish a connection as soon as possible. To overcome this problem the visitor can use the Popout Feature.
- The video chat can only be displayed in one window / tab. If the visitor has several tabs / windows open that belong to the same unblu session, the video chat will stay in one window. If the user wants to transfer the video chat to a different window he can do this in the chat user interface.
- Currently, only 2 concurrent video chat participants are supported.